European collectors and NYU kids raid this 13-year-old shop for colorful Izod sweaters, combat boots and letter jackets with wallet-friendly price tags. But what they might not know is that you can rent some of the pricier, hard-to-find vintage at a fraction of the retail cost. Owner Richard Colligan specializes in rare band tees from L.A. (New Order, $250; the Clash, $200; Lords of the New Church, $150), and carries a handsome selection of men’s footwear (Draper-era Florsheim wingtips for $250). Rent for a week and you’ll pay 25 percent of the full price, pay 50 percent for two weeks, and so forth. Note: There is a minimum rental fee of $200. Mention TONY to receive 10 percent off through February 11. 43 Third Ave between 9th and 10th Sts (212-358-0795) Read the whole story HERE.
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters in stock at METROPOLIS!
- Take A Trip Through The METROPOLIS T-SHIRT Department!
- “The World Is Yours” with a vintage SCARFACE T-Shirt from METROPOLIS!
- NAUTICA – the next trend!
- Get tough with a vintage LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET from Metropolis Vintage
- Go BACK TO SCHOOL with METROPOLIS Vintage VARSITY JACKETS
- Wrap up in some SHERPA-LINED DENIM!
- Be BOLD in a VINTAGE 1970’s POLYESTER SHIRT from METROPOLIS VINTAGE!
- METROPOLIS T-SHIRTS by JOHN HOLMSTROM available NOW!
- Black Denim – for Durable Delinquents only
- Kardashians invade Metropolis Vintage